Looking Forward To Challenge #5 - Silhouette Photography

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 2 comments
Our fifth challenge is going to begin on Sunday, but here is a preview and a definition of a Silhouette. A little more food for thought as you continue taking your Leading Lines shots.
A silhouette is a view of some object or scene consisting of the outline and a featureless interior, with the silhouette usually being black. The word is an eponym named after Etienne de Silhouette, a finance minister of Louis XV who in 1759 imposed such harsh economic demands upon the French people that his name became synonymous with anything done or made cheaply.

Here is a sample shot;

And another short youtube tutorial


♥ Snap Happy ♥

2 comments:

  • dtbrents said...

    I enjoyed the video. I'm sure I need a better camera. One of my daughters took photography in school and took the pictures for the year book. We bought her a great camera but I'm not sure I could learn to use it. I love the pictures. Doylene