Camera Club - August - Angela

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 2 comments
This month our themes for camera club were :
    Set Subject         photo journalism
    Open                  whatever image you want to submit


 The judge came down from Auckland, and was very, very harsh. Personally I thought it was a bit of a shame that he had no real knowledge or interest in photo journalism. One of the things I find hard to come to grips with is the judges who always compare images to PINZ(Photographic Insitute of New Zealand). Most of us are not even on that level, and being judged to that high standard is a little unfair.

As it turned out, my photo journalism image received 'Highly Commended'

     

And my open image only received a 'Merit' which is pretty stink because I thought it was a great shot..
It turns out the judge does not like images of flowers that do not show the flower all in focus. Oh, well a matter of personal taste I guess... I think he missed the point that the image is about the centre of the flower and not the whole thing..




September set subject is Natural History

2 comments:

  • Anonymous said...

    Hi! I am your newest follower and was hoping that you would stop by my blog and follow me back.

    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    Thanks,
    Sarah